Friday, April 3, 2009

Kindergarten Update.....

Well...Gideon is now officially ready for Kindergarten!!! We went yesterday to the registration and testing and it went great! I had NOTHING to worry about! He was seen by a nurse that tested vision and hearing and got a health history, met his bus driver, met the guidance counselor and answered some..well what I call "abuse screening" questions--I assume they have to do that by law.....met the morning Kindergarten teacher and took his test with her (We still have not been forced to do all day every day Kindergarten by the state)...which he did assumedly good at...I don't know...he was very independent during this whole thing :) and went to the Kindergarten classroom where he got to explore and join the class for the activities they were doing...he saw a friend from his old sitters house right away and jumped right in with the other kids...he even got to eat snack with them (the teacher has a cafe' and they pay with fake money for their food) It was a really relaxed atmosphere and a really good experience for Gideon. He didn't completely pass his vision test...I guess he couldn't see 3-D and that was part of the test...although I tested him at home later and he was able to see it so I think...and the nurse even said, he was probably just nervous and not to worry about it at this point. When he was done with his bus driver he got a little coloring book with bus saftey rules in it and Diane asked him if he had any questions... he said "Yes...when do I get to meet the principal" (I had told him before he might get to meet the principal) Diane asked Mrs Aschliman if he was going to be able to and she said it wasn't scheduled but he could. He replied "I want to ask him if I am going to be in the morning or afternoon class" --(I had told him earlier that he was a "town" kid and the principal doesn't determine when he'll go until the summer--I guess he didn't trust me and wanted to find out for himself if that was true) so....off to the principals office we went...I must admit I was a little embarrassed....we had already met the principal once at one of Lucy's things but Gideon was bound and determined to meet him again. He marched into the office and the principal introduced himself and then Gideon said confidently..."Uhm...am I going to be in the morning or the afternoon?" The principal told him that they hadn't decided that yet but it wouldn't be too long. I guess Gid was satisfied with the answer because he just nodded his head. What a funny little guy.
On a side note...Ella was sick with something yesterday...who knows what....she had a fever axillary of 103.5 !!!! and just laid on the couch and cried and didn't lift her head most of the day....last night in the middle of the night we lost electricity sort of ....most of it that is...it was enough to power the sound machine in Gideon's room and the night lights but everything else turned off....weird....anyway I praised Jesus in the middle of the night because if the sound machine would have turned completely off....I'm sure the girls would have woken eachother up....as it was Ella only woke up once..enough for some tylenol and water and went back to sleep. This morning she still looks sick but is eating and drinking better and the temp...though not gone is down quite a bit....I am relieved!!! It makes me really nervous when their temps go up that high...my kids don't usually run high high temps like that....I just keep thinking.....if it's axillary 103...it's like 104-105 internally!! Scary Stuff.....anyway glad that parts over....hopefully no one else comes down with it since we have family Easter at Keith's parents this weekend and Keith begins travel season again on Monday....oh well....hope everyone is good....just thought I'd update.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger