Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Pathetic Obsessions.....

Ok...so...I am obsessed with 2 shows currently....

#1 is Lost...of course...I love the show and have since the beginning....and that's probably why I love it because if you've started watching it from anytime other than that...you are totally confused and probably wonder why people get so hyped up about it....well anyway....I'm one of those "hyped" viewers....I love the plot and can't wait til the final season next year and the "conclusion" to those unanswered questions...like..."Who exactly is Richard Albet....or what is he?"...."Who exactly is "Christian" or "Jacob" or whoever Jack's dad is....."What does losing your innocence mean?" and finally...."What is the island"...amidst those questions are a million and 1/2 other questions but I would like those answered...Can't wait until tonight with another exciting episode planned.....like I said...."pathetic" obssesions!! :)

#2 is Amercian Idol.....and I must admit...I was actually disappointed that it ran long last night and my DVR didn't record Adam Lamberts song....even though I can't stand the guy.....Ok so here's my beef on him....Does he have a good voice....Most definetly...is he talented...Most definetly...does he sometimes sound like a woman when he sings...Most definetly...is that any different that other lead singers of rock bands like those of Queen....Most definetly not any different...But I have to say....is the theme of the show not to discover "undiscovered" talent? All of the other people on that show are undiscovered...pulled out of piano bars....classrooms...business offices....wherever...they have "undiscovered" talent...Unfortunetly the worshiped Adam.....is N-O-T undiscovered...he's been living in L.A. for at least 5 years with I believe his sole "occupation" being trying to "make-it"...he also has traveled with broadway shows and been in fact lead on stage many times....I would once again N-O-T call him undiscovered talent and it bugs me when the judges worship him like they have been doing!! I want to say...DUH!!!! Of course he's good....of course he can sing....no surprise....THAT IS HIS FULL TIME PROFESSION!!! He is not "undiscovered" talent....he just hasn't had his "break" into the current "pop" scene....I'm sure it would have come sooner or later since that is what he was doing once again for his Full Time Profession....I'm also getting annoyed at the screaming teenage girls...when they say they love him.....Don't they know he's never going to "love" them back---sorry baby girls....he follows the lead of some of the other rockers of the 70's 80's and 90's batting for a different team...or ....the same team....or something like that....not that that has anything to do with his performance...the girls are just getting on my nerves....as is the show with regard to him.....I much prefer some of the other guys and girls with "authentic-undiscovered talent" David Cook was great too and his performances were similar to Adams....very original...but theres a big difference...David was truely "undiscovered" and though I have heard it rumored he sang in clubs and bars...he had not moved to L.A. and spent several years trying to "make-it" in the business....nor had he made it big already on stage and wanted to just take a different direction in his life and try pop music! Alright....for all of you who are thinking...."ok Taryn...seriously....are you insane and is this really worth all the fuss...I would completely agree with you....I am obsessed and this has absolutely NOTHING to do with real life or reality....I need to give my nonsense a rest!! See ya!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger