Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little Girls, Little Girls...Everywhere I look I can see them....


Tomorrow...Tomorrow...I love ya....Tomorrow...You're only a day away.......
Guess what Lucy did on Sunday with Nani and Papa....(Gid too).....She went to see Annie!! Doesn't she look so cute...of course I'm biased but I thought she looked adorable! So here's the scoop....my mom and dad have season tickets and when kid friendly shows come in they love to take the kids. Gideon has been to The Lion King before this and Lucy and Gid went to Beauty and the Beast but this was extra special for my family because of our family attatchment to this musical. When I was little my mom and dad L-O-V-E-D the show and when i was about Lucy's age the original movie came out and mom and dad took me to see it at the Drive-in. I, being the dramatic...fantasizing child that I was...(I know you are all shocked:) realized that I had curly short hair just like Annie....and probably thought I was Annie herself because I would sing "The Sun Will Come out Tomorrow" for just about everybody. My mom, in true form, sewed this Annie dress for me and I, of course was thrilled. Anyway long story short...Sunday at lunch mom had me go up to the attic at their house and see if I could find this dress for Lucy to wear. It wasn't up there and mom was sad because her and dad assumed they gave it away....well, as they were discussing this I happened to think....."I think they gave me that dress a long time ago" So, after we left their house I went home and climbed into our storage area in the garage. The second box that said "Taryn's chilhood things" came up gold. I was sooooo excited and a bit weirded out because I remember wearing the dress and it didn't seem possible to have my daughter wearing it. Well anyway, Lucy was absolutely thrilled. We found little shoes and curled her hair...as curly as it would go anyway.....When Nani and Papa arrived to take them to the show Gideon ran out on the porch and said very excitedly..."Presenting....Annie" and Lucy stepped out....My mom teared up and so did I ....she looked so cute...(I know...we're so dramatic) anyway as Lucy was getting in the car to go I said " Bye Annie" Lucy said..." I not Annie....I Lucy Annie" she was so cute. At the show she was the only little kid dressed up like Annie and she got aww's from the other little kids as well as from the elderly people there. What a cutie!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

She is SO cute! And what a nice surprise for your mom!

Powered By Blogger