Monday, April 6, 2009

Sick and Tired

Well....we've got something going around this house....Ella was sick Thursday and Friday....still looked kinda droopy eyed and is still kinda cranky today....Lucy came down with a fever mid-day Sat....and is still sick today...laying on the couch......in fact she woke up at 4:30 in the morning never to fall back asleep...not sure what exactly is going on...Lucy sounds like she's got a frog in her throat...she's eating some but not a lot...especially when the fever goes up...she's also coughing some....I'm thinking it's respiratory...who knows...anyway Keith got up at 3 to get on a plane for Arkansas....I woke up at 1130 when Lucy woke up the first time...at 2 from a nightmare (I hate that).....at 3 when Keith got up....got back to sleep by 4 and then woke up and stayed pretty much awake with Lucy until 730 when I couldn't take her moving around in my bed anymore....I am cranky and tired and my patience is running thin....not to mention that it's snowy outside ---and I don't want any more snow and my old Aunt Flow is on her way and I haven't seen or heard from her in almost 2 years...so you can imagine how it has been prior to her arrival :) Anyway, I had my dad come and get Gideon and take him to preschool and he will pick him up too so I don't have to leave the house and Lucy won't have to leave the couch...despite her fever...we still went to Keith's parents both Sat and Sun for Easter celebration....I pray no one else gets what they have had!! I feel bad now that it's day 3 and I know it's gotta be some kinda virus....SORRY EVERYBODY!!! Anyway I think we wore her out to much so much to her dislike...I'm keeping her on the couch today....
Luckily Keith arrives back late this evening so I don't have to do a complete night with him away. But....on a sad note...it's travel season again...with trips to Arkansas, North Carolina and Minnesota or Chicago...I can't remember...scheduled for the next 3 weeks.

This week is filled to the brim with lots of fun (if everyone gets healthy and stays healthy) if Lucy can...she's got school just tomorrow and Gideon's last day is Wed...then they are both on Spring Break....not sure what we're gonna do but we'll think of something fun...I hope. Gideon is going to go to a Satter (spelling) meal on Thursday with Keith's mom and dad. I have been reading him the Easter story...talking about Moses and the Egyptians and the origin of the "Passover Feast"....we even just recently watched Prince of Egypt which helped with his grasping the concepts...anyway last night we got into a discussion about Heaven and Jesus dieing on the cross and going to heaven and how we'll go someday....Gideon was talking a mile a minute excitedly about what Heaven was going to be like...Lucy was a bit hesitant....she was sick already so her emotions were on the edge but I asked her what she thought heaven would be like..."she started tearing up and said...."It will be scawy"....I said "Oh no Lucy it won't be scary it will be fun....like the best day you've ever had.....forever....you'll be princess and live in a castle with Jesus!!"....she started tearing up and I said..."Lucy what's wrong?"....she answered through tears...."But....I wilw miss you guys...." My heart just broke....I said "Lucy....you won't miss us because we'll be there with you....then she really got into it....thus the above video!! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I don't see any video. :( But I hope you guys are feeling better soon. We are on spring break this week and I am loving the extra freedom in our schedule!

Powered By Blogger