Monday, April 21, 2008

Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jig

The last couple of days we have been running quite a bit (hence the title:)!! Mom and Dad left Thursday to visit Drew and Colin out east and so we have been in charge of Shadow, Sheba, the cats, the house , the mail and the asparagus(which is just starting to really come in yum!!). It is quite a challenge to try and balence three kids and two hyper dogs to do the chores! Luckily most of the time Keith has been around to help me! So we have been running back and forth from their house to ours! Saturday, after the auction was over we drove over and burned for mom and didn't want to leave the fire so we decided to have a hotdog roast and smores for supper! Unfortunetly it started to pour down rain right after we cooked the dogs so we had to have microwave smores (which I like better anyway). On Friday night we went over the Keith's Mom and Dad's and had supper and afterwards went to the park for the first time this Spring! The kids loved it and were really excited to be running around at the lake! So was I...I have missed warm weather a lot!! Sunday was a little cooler but it did not stop us from being outside. We worked the nursery at church in the morning which is always a challenge. It's really hard to be patient with children who are not your own. We are on duty in the nursury once a month and we have about the same kids everytime. One of the kids that we have has a mom who is probably about 18 (he's 2). I am really glad that they come to church, that's the best place for them to be, I can just tell that he is not disciplined at home very much. It is a challenge for me to think outside of myself and what I would do if my child talked like that and react with sensitivity and gentleness! It's something I definetly have to work at! Not that I am really rough on my kids or anything it's just that sometimes they need time-outs or when they are hurting one another or doing something dangerous, a spanken and you can't do that with someone else's childso you have to be a lot more patient and let things go a lot! Anyway enough of that talk! Last night we ate our typical popcorn suppper and then went outside on a walk and played a quick family game of t-ball and soccer! The kids were not ready to come inside but when 8:00 rolled around I thought we'd better head in! Today is a beautiful day! It's around 75 degrees and sunny! I have clothes on the line outside and fried chicken ready for supper! Ella is resting and Gid and Luc are in quiet time and I am about ready to sit out on the front porch in the sun! I think I'll see if Keith will help me get the porch swing from mom and dad's tonight and maybe later this week get out the patio furniture so we can start eating supper outside! I am lovin the weather can ya tell!! Hope everyone is doing well! We send our love! -Taryn

No comments:

Powered By Blogger