Monday, April 14, 2008

Alone Again

Well, Keith has left on business yet again and we are anxiously awaiting his return. This time he is in Chicago for 2 days. Although it's difficult when he is gone I am glad that he will be back late tomorrow night and he's only 5 hours away rather than farther. I absolutely hate it when he travels but it is a part of the job and I am at least glad he has a job! I talked to one of his co-workers wives at a party they had and she said that her husband had traveled most of his career and that it was the hardest when the kids were young but got easier the older they got then got hard again when the kids left the house and it was just her!
This past week was an eventful one. We spent a lot of it at mom's and the kids had a blast but mom and babe didn't sleep that well. After a delayed flight Keith didn't get home on Wed until long after all of us were in bed and had to be back at work the next morning. I had an auction Thurs night and Fri he worked again. Therefore I didn't see much of him until Fri night. I missed him a ton and that's probably why it's so hard to see him go so soon again. The auction was fun. They had a nice but old upright piano and dad asked me to bid on it for him (he's thinking of being a piano tuner and wanted something to practice on plus he wants to start teaching Gideon) anyway...he told me not to bid more than $50. Well....needless to say I was the only bidder on the thing and I got it for $5.00 total. So....dad has a new piano, that he is trying to convince us to store for him!
On Friday night we ended up at Walmart ( a usual Fri night stop for us) where we purchased Gideon a new bike. He had riden on his cousin Andrew's in MI and did really well on it....well we ended up getting, I think , the exact same bike and he rode it all over Walmart. He wanted to ride it out to the car from the check-out but daddy said no. So far he's is doing great and not afraid which is awesome! We are excited to take it with us up to the U.P. for vacation. We'll have to label it as Gideon's so there's no mix up on bikes :)
Saturday I took Lucy shopping for an early Mother's Day thing. It was really fun. We went into the changing rooms and tried on dresses. She just smiled and danced in front of the mirrors. It was really fun. Yesterday we celebrated Jim and Nancy's (Myers) 40th anniversary with them. We surprised them by having Jay and Les come over from Cleveland for dinner! It was a great time and Gideon and Lucy were sad to see everyone go.
Today things are calmer...although not really very calm...the kids have been fighting all afternoon and driving me crazy....hopefully they'll calm down soon and behave themselves. We did have fun this morning baking some Irish Brown Bread (Drew I'll have to make it for you when you come home) It was really fun. You mix it all by hand so the kids had a blast getting gooey and sticky. I wasn't sure it would taste very good when we were done but it was delicious!!! Some times the most sloppy things taste the best!!! Well we have a busy week ahead of us so I best get going! Hope all are doing well!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger