Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Blog



Ok...so my last blog entry was incredibly negative so I thought I would write a positive one....
This last weekend was really fun!! We headed to Cleveland to celebrate Jacob and Josh's birthday with a swim party. Les and Jay had rented a hotel room next to the pool and we swam...and swam....and swam....and ate really good food....and swam and swam and swam...it was an amazing 72 degrees outside too so it was especially nice...felt like end of April rather than beginning of March. Gideon had a ton of fun. He was in his arm floatys most of the time....swimming all over the pool....we took them off to do some tricks but for saftey purposes and because he's not quite strong enough yet to be over his head without them....he had them on most of the time. Lucy took a bit to warm up to the water but once she did she was even letting go of us and trying to swim (with her life-jacket of course) Ella loved the water too...I think she could have stayed in the water the whole time. We stayed the night at their house and then headed home Sunday afternoon. It was a great trip...always good to see and spend time with family.
Yesterday I watched Devin...a foster kid of my friends one last time. He is going home to live with his parents now. Gideon was pretty upset that it was the last time we'd probably watch him. I don't know why....him and Devin were fighting back and forth quite a bit this time but still they have fun togethor I guess. My foster care babysitting jobs are working out quite well...although I am not...and I repeat NOT gifted at babysitting...having kids their ages helps out a TON!!! Anyway I am getting paid in meat....yes....meat...we are bartering...instead of payment they give me meat to stock my freezer. They go to the food bank for thier food for fostering and they can get up to 700lbs of meat and food for 7 cents a pound...so they are passing the savings on to me! It's great in these economic times...why mess with the money...it saves me a trip to the store and the gas money to get to the bank to cash the check and back home again! So...anyway it's working out well. Last night we were able to take the kids out in the backyard for a little bit of baseball and swinging. I am really looking forward to the warmer days ahead. I am already loving having more light in the evenings!! Well...I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger