Thursday, March 19, 2009

Excited but Exhausted...

This week has turned out to be quite a big week. Number one, it has been absolutely beautiful with sunny skies and temps mostly about 58/60 degrees everyday....I love the warmth of spring....it cometh soon.....tomorrow!! YAHHHHHYYYYYYY!!
So....on with the week recap...so I have spent most of the time the kids have been in quiet time, at school and or taking naps outside working in the yard doing major clean up work from our trees and cleaning out flower beds and let me tell you we still have a lot to do! Luckily two angels (who happen to be related to us:) came to our house about a month ago when we were in Virginia and Maryland and sneakily picked up what remained of the branches and twigs in our backyard saving us a TON of work!! Now we just had to give the yard a good rake and try and "spread out" the needles so the grass didn't die underneath the mass of them in the yard....that however has taken us a good month to get done...it wasn't that we didn't have the time because it really didn't take very long...it was more like we didn't have the freedom to do it....you know how it goes with kids....I was kinda waiting for a time when Keith would not be traveling and could watch kids while I worked or vice versa....well that never happened so this week, since it was so nice....I got out there and raked and raked and the backyard is officially well....raked...not to say it's perfect....I will have to be careful in my mandatory (in my own opinion) bare-footing in the summer but at least now it is at least feasible and I won't get too poked....anyway so then we had this massive pile of leftover branches and pine needles to disperse of and I planned to do it on Saturday with Keith...but....my AWESOME neighbors snuck around in the rain yesterday and burned them up in their burn pile....did I mention that I have AWESOME neighbors? Mind you this is not the first time they've done something like this. In the past I have caught them picking up sticks...mowing the lawn...spraying weeds.. trying the clean carpets.....bringing meals....shoveling snow..and all sorts of other stuff. Now....it is true that they don't have any kids and now no dog either to care for so they may be bored but they are soooooo unexpectedly kind hearted and I just love them!! We need to really pay them back sometime for all the ways they've bailed us out in the past anyway...huge blessing now we just have to fill up some holes and clean up the wood chips left from the stump chopper...move back our barn...plant grass and bam a new yard....well maybe not that fast but still...it's coming along. Today I worked inside the house cleaning and scrubbing my floors and bathrooms....I am absolutely exhausted and don't know if I can make it til Keith gets home but I am happy with a clean orderly house and a nicer yard....Clean feels good.....no matter how tired I am!

The excitement came just about 1 1/2 hours ago when my big brother called me to tell me I am an aunt again....YAHHHHY!! Everybody is heathly and happy.....They have a little girl...Jessica who is two and now they have a little boy Lucas Bradley....I love the name!! So...I am super excited but not about to go visit with my circus any time soon...I guess I'll just have to wait for pictures!! He was 7'bs 13 oz...smaller than the tank that we call Walter and the chub that was Gideon but still at the least a pound bigger than Jessica, Lucy and Ella! Welcome little Lucas!! We love ya already!! Can't wait to meet you and give you lots of kisses!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger