Thursday, November 6, 2008

Weekend Fun

Ok---so now that the vote has been cast I can move onto more important things like....what we did last weekend!!! So last weekend we made a trip up North to visit Gideon's cousins Andrew and AJ!! We had so much fun! We got to their house just as trick-or-treat was beginning and we all "tried" to eat Kelli's yummy pizza while the kids "helped" pass out candy....(Just as a side note.. I think their house was a hot spot for trick-or-treaters! Either the trick-or-treaters wanted in on the pizza party we were having inside or they each recieved about 4 candy bars--we couldn't quite get the kids to understand the "one per person" philosophy...they each wanted to give one to every kid :) Anyway it was fun and relaxing....lots of laughs...Saturday the men braved the cold to fish while we took the kids to Krispy Kremes where the mommy's ....uh...I mean the kids ate free donuts! Then we headed to Fred Meijer Gardens....and let me just say...Kelli was so right....THEY ARE AWESOME....great place for kids! It was a lot of fun! Gideon's highlights were the giant horse, the tree house, the farm house and the plant that eats flies ( by the way Kelli...my mom told me she had a plant like that when I was growing up and we used to feed it bolonga....hilarious) Anyway it was lots of fun. The day ended out with steaks grilled to perfection by my new favorite steak cheif Marc and a caramel custard sundae from Culvers compliments of my husband...YUMMY!! On Sunday the guys tried one more hand at fishing and then came home in time to allow Kelli and I to have a kids-free lunch at Mongolian BBQ...Another YUMMY! I hadn't been there in like 9 years and although the waiter was a bit clingy the food was great and so was the company!! (thanks Kelli) We headed home after lunch and just relaxed and prepared for the week ahead which has been great so far! If you all want to see pictures you'll have to view Kelli's Blog....sorry....I know I'm pathetic...I forgot the camera---AGAIN!!!!! Love to all!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger