Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Two Words....Puke Flu

Yep....I said it and I meant it....we've been hit with the bugs....and let me just tell you all that I don't think there is such a thing as the "24 hour flu" anymore. Whenever my kids get something like this it seems to last forever!!! Gideon started us out on Wednesday...coming home from school with a belly ache that proceeded to last for 2 days...Friday morning he woke up with vomiting.....he was in bed most of the day...but ok...Sat morning he appeared to be ok...but Ella woke up with puking and diarreha.....then...Sunday she and Gideon were appearing ok so they both went back on a regular diet....but by Sunday early afternoon...Ella had a tummy ache again....and it continued until she got sick again Monday morning. I sent Gideon to school on Monday...only to have him come home and have diarreha....(hope you're all enjoying the details...what can I say....) Last night things seemed to be mellowing out....but this morning..Keith woke up bright and early with diarreha and vomiting.....YUCK!!!! Ella and Gideon still arn't eating....and I don't feel like eating with all the puking etc....going on...so Lucy is the only one eating normally and feeling ok...for now. .....I really don't like times such as these where I have to make decisions like....am I going to sleep with my sick husband in bed....or sleep on the couch....will it matter if tomorrow morning I wake up sick....probably not...or....should I be keeping Lucy away for the other two at this point??? Pretty much nothing matters now but getting through the storm....hopefully it will end soon...
I did take Lucy to the geneticist today and found out that he does not think any of her problems are genetically based...and that is great because genetically based things are usually not that easy to treat if treatable at all....we did have to draw a little more blood to test her liver,gallbladder and thyroid function but he doesn't anticipate that coming back bad....he did say if it did that he would probably refer us onto a gastroenterologist....BLAAAHHHH....not another doc....I hope we are done....he feels too that we need to give the medicine some time to do it's thing and then see if her other symptoms dissipate....so that's the scoop. I mistakenly thought the appointment was only going to take about an hour...so I left Keith home on the couch with Ella and Gideon...with the DVD, VCR loaded with movies and bland food/drink with Ella hoping that I could get back before too much occured....it didn't exactly work...the appointment lasted way too long...so Grammy came to the rescue and delivered lunch to the two sicky's so Keith didn't have to do anything....I felt really bad....tomorrow I'm suppose to go to the doctor....unless I'm sick...then that will be another thing I cancel for this week!
We are surviving....hope you all are too.....
Bonus for us....Keith is not gone when all of this is happening...so even though he is not available to help me....he's HERE.....PRAISE JESUS!!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger