Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some Highs...Some Lows...

So, let me just start by saying that I am currently studying the book Battlefield of the Mind with my BBS girls because....well....my mind is a complete and total battlefield and I am currently losing the battle....IT IS AN AWESOME BOOK..I highly recommend it for those of you like me who struggle in this area....anyway this weeks chapter happens to be about positivity :) Totally something I need to hear and reading the chapter I was like...YES.....I totally needed this....well come to find out...I needed it a whole lot more than I thought because the same night as I was washing dishes my husband tells me....and I quote..." I have something to tell you and you are not going to like it"....now any time my husband begins a sentence with that i always think first...what did I do...and second....he better not be going to China.....well......He's going to China....AGAIN....in the next 3 weeks for 5 or more days....UGH!!!!!! HUGE shot at the old positivity moniter......so I am trying to stay "happy" "content" and "prayed up :)"....Good thing is that once he goes on this trip...he won't have to go again until next year...maybe early January next year but at least next year.... I AM THANKFUL FOR MY HUSBANDS JOB....I have to keep telling myself that...no matter how hard it gets. I'm such a wimp when it comes to stuff like this...I'll admit it fully that I have a weakness in this area.....so....I'm clinging to Jesus, friends and family support and time to change me into the more independent less stress-filled single mother at these times....So that was a low....
Now for the high....I have Lucy and Ella's quilts almost done!!! WOOO HHOOOOO...I've only had the material for about 2 years but hey....no looking back now.....I just have to do a few more snips and wash them and they will be finito....My hope is this weekend to get the paint and the last minute things like mattress' and curtain rods and then hopefully soon....we can begin the renovation :) :) So I am really excited about all that.
Second high.....NO SEIZURES FOR LUCY FOR 2 WEEKS!!! YES!!!! She's doing better on the meds and is not so emotionally distraught....excellent for Keith and I...one downer is I still can't get her to eat very well but hopefully once she's fully adjusted that will even out.
She has PT tomorrow morning and Speech and PT next week but no OT for three weeks......so mommy and daddy have to kick home therapy into high gear. I have a plan to have morning therapy...afternoon therapy and evening therapy and work on a few things at a time so as not to overwhelm her because lets just say her therapy in the morning (which is just to get herself dressed...which is incredibly difficult for her because of her lack of ability to manuver her hands) wears me out!! It is a fight the whole way...we try sticker rewards and that seems to be inspiration but man.....she breaks down and cries and gets frustrated and wants me to take over...it's hard for this mommy not to just want to jump in or spank her bottom for being so whiny....but I take deep breaths and just try and be patient and eventually she does it.....but as you can see...this whole ordeal (sometimes taking up to 1/2 hour just to put on underwear and pants) wears us both out and it doesn't work to fly right into another "therapy" right away...so anyway...that's my plan...we'll see how we do!
I think that's all for now...our lives will be crazy the next few days with me working ALL day on Friday...(morning hospital--evening auction)...doing chores at Mom and Dad's (hopefully no disasters this time) while they are visiting Brad and Jana and keeping up with Lucy's appointments and therapies....if you are praying for Lucy on Tuesday we meet with the geneticist to do some genetic testing and evaluation...hopefully it all goes well...I think all 3 of us (keith, me and Lucy) will have to be stuck!! We might all be crying at the end of this appointment :) :) :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger