Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Back to Beautiful....

The weather today is A-Maze-ing!!!!! Beautiful!! Love it all!! Can't wait for more weather like this!! Springy weather is back and so is my husband! Love it when he returns! He's been in Arkansas for 2 days and before that he worked Friday, Sat and Sunday from home on the project for Monday's meeting....so happy that's over with....
My voice is also back!! YAY!!!!! It's been back for about 4 days now but seriously...I'm so glad I don't sound like Rachel Ray any more :) It's much easier to deal with naughty kids with a voice than without! :)
I learned something really interesting (medically) this week...did you know that they don't treat pink eye anymore with drops?? Well...they will if they have too but they prefer not to...I learned this because Ella has it...or a form of it. They have learned in the past few years that most Pink eye is actually viral...called viral conjunctivitis...not bacterial as once thought. In survey's done...98% of children with pink eye had viral conjunctivitis not bacterial (therefore antibiotic does absolutely nothing for it) and also the kids surveyed that did have bacterial and were given antibiotic and those that had bacterial and were not given them all recovered in 3-5 days...the same as the viral kind....interesting.....so basically what I'm trying to tell you is don't waste $60-$100 taking your child to the doc when they get pink eye...because you'll probably be just like me and walk out with a whole lotta info...that I could have gotten for free and nothing much else.....! :) The doctor wrote a prescription for me in case Ella got REALLY bad or significantly worse over the holiday...but he said the med's probably wouldn't do anything for it anyway....Great...there goes more money for nothing!!! :) I just thought I would pass on the news to my friends who have kids so they don't waste money like me....the ONLY reason they give the drops anymore is because the schools won't let the kids back in if the child isn't on drops...even though the drops won't do anything....just a little medical tidbit for ya'll :)
We've just registered Gideon for t-ball again this year and he is SOOOOOO excited...we had to go out this morning and play catch to prepare :) even though it won't start until may/june.
Lucy has a big therapy week this week with OT on Monday and PT tomorrow. She is not being very cooperative with them and they are getting concerned about her concentration ability again. She seems to go through stages where she is really into it and then she doesn't want to do anything. She is my faith child truly. This week I have really prayed her "life-verse" over her....Psalm 103:2-4.." Praise the Lord O my soul and forget not all his benefits. Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases. Who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you will love and compassion." That is so what I want for Lucy...for her body to heal and for God to fill her heart with an amazing love and compassion. Some days it's harder than others. Mommies want to fix everything!!
So that's the scoop on our lives. Easter Sunday is coming and this year more than ever I am grateful to Jesus for his love for us. Have a great celebration!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger