Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to Life...Back to Reality....

Christmas was great...the New Year was fine....but now it's time to get back to real life....and it is ALWAYS a difficult time for me to look ahead to 4 more months of winter....but it's especially hard this time because Keith is going to be gone for the majority of the first month.... I will have my guard dog...and I will have others staying with me, I'm sure....but it's still not easy to not be a family. I'm trying to be positive though and think of things we can do to pass the time quickly and get through it all easily. We will be pretty busy anyway with all the therapies and appointments and gymnastics....yes I have enrolled Lucy in an 8 week beginner tumbling class. I'm hoping she really likes it and the teacher will have patience with her and it will help her with her issues. We will see. It starts next Sat and runs every Sat until March. She has no idea I've enrolled her...and I think she'll flip when she finds out. Hopfully she won't be too disappointed that it's not dance :) Anyway She has therapy tomorrow with her P.T...the first real session. Gideon will be at school so it will just be me and Ella traveling around so I hope it all goes smooth. Friday Lucy has another appointment with the neurologist. She wasn't too thrilled with him the first time so i hope this time goes better. I am assuming he will be scheduling some more testing...hopefully not too much blood work...I'm not sure how that all will go without Keith around...I hope ok.....Saturday I am babysitting Gideon's friend (Gordon and Margarets Foster kid) Johnny. Gideon is so excited....I hope they don't totally trash my house...I think I'll send them to the basement to have at it......It's a good place to trash because I can just shut the door and ignore it :) :) Next week promises to be a week of steady activity so time should go quickly.

We've just recieved some really sad news from Keith's parents about Keith's youngest cousin Cody. He has been battleing Melanoma for the last year and in his last scan it showed that the Melanoma has spread to all of his organs. Such a sad situtation. He's only about 20 and they are giving him 6 months to a year. Please keep the family in your prayers. Keith and I are praying for a miracle yet and praying especially for peace and healing spiritually and emotionally for Cody. It makes me so thankful for my family and their health. Really....the consequences that come from living in this fallen world stink sometimes more than others.....

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and New Year. We were blessed to be with all of our family and thoroughly enjoyed our time with all. Until next week.....

Count down to Lost premier: 27 days :) :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger