Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ebay Obsession....

So, as many of you know, I have a slight obsession with ebay. I love to buy and I love to sell. Currently I have some items up for the bidding but I am totally not happy because this is the second time I've put them up and they are being "watched" but not being "sold". So frustrating. It's really good stuff. I hope it goes soon! I could use the cash for Christmas! :) I think I'm also going to be having a garage sale in the spring if anyone is interested in contribution. It will probably be close to June. The other homes in my neighborhood usually do it then. I will be selling all the baby stuff that hasn't been snatched up by a friend or relation. I hope it goes well. It will probably take me all winter to price but I figure it will be a good distraction from the hum drum winter days!
Our family is doing well right now. We are holding our own against the influenza. Of course it hasn't hit Gideon's school very much yet so that is a BIG part of our current good health. With the help of Papa Keith finally got the little barn roofed last night! (it's only taken us like a month and a half to do it...because of weather and schedule) It looks great and it is now time to tackle the overwhelming task of back yard furniture/toy winter clean up. I got the kids started on it yesterday afternoon which incredibly went REALLY well except that where they were suppose to put all the toys (in the garage) was a mess in itself...I'm thinking this is going to turn into a Sat project...clean the garage...rack the leaves in the yard....clean up outdoor stuff (sounds like a morning that needs to start with a lot of Stella Leona steamers and Tuxedo's YUM!!!
Anyway Lucy will have her first real OT appointment next week! Such an awesome experience. Pretty much the OT confirmed and acknowledged absolutely everything I saw in Lucy and said...in fact YES I see the muscular issues!! FINALLY someone who can offer some explanation and help! She stated that it could all be from Lucy's lack of muscular tone....tone that goes all over her body that is so low that the muscle reactors that actually move the muscles do not have enough tone to work with so they either quit working all togethor or not work very well. So, at this point without another neurological diagnosis we are going to work on Muscle building...which means lots of jumping and bouncing for Lucy on the balls, swings and trampolines! She's going to love this therapy :) Anyway we happen to get her into the BEST ped's PT/OT/ST in the tri-state area and God got us into one of the two best OT's in the joint!! PRAISE YOU JESUS!! We are really excited. The facility has an indoor and outdoor gym and lots of rooms to do different therapy things. Lucy LOVED it. She was very comfortable..within 25 minutes of us being there she was playing in the gym with the therapist while I was in a completely different room with the door shut doing paper work...she can't wait to go back! Ella is being a stinker and saying more words everyday. She talks a mile a minute...yesterday when I turned on word world for her she said..."Good Girl Mommy...Tank You" :) So funny! Since Lucy is completely potty trained (3 poops away from her Bell Dress :) Ella has taken an interest. She is constantly wanting to be put on the potty...she points to her diaper and says "off mama, I go peepee" So funny. The other night I put her on and she actually went...she giggled the whole time. She is obsessed with tooting and burping (come on!! She's only almost 2 ) She laughs so hard anytime she or anyone else blows either way :) :) :) Anyway that's the scoop on our lives! We are looking forward to a family trip to the Windy city (we're going with Keith on a work trip --FINALLY!!) in early November and we are actually going to spend THanksgiving alone this year...am I going to attempt to make a turkey for just us??? I doubt it...Keith has requested chicken wings, taquitos and about 4 different dips (we'll see about that) Hope everyone is good...Good health and blessing to everyone!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger