Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Thoughts...

So...in my Bible Study we are studying the book of Ruth. We've just begun so we are only in chapter 1 but already I feel the spirit moving me a bit....well to be quite honest...he's been moving me for awhile but by the grace of God it is slow and gentle. God is not a harsh cruel God Praise the Lord!! Anyway so we were studying when Naomi and Ruth go back to Israel and the people don't even recognize Naomi because she is so altered. She actually asks the women to call her by another name...Mara which means bitter. What is assumed is that Naomi was in such a negative state compared to her former self that they were not even sure who she was...ok so we questioned why Ruth would stay with her...why Ruth, who had no "relationship with the Lord" would stay with someone after that someone had lost their faith in that Lord.....So here's the deal.....I am extremely negative....grew up in the church...accepted Christ as a kid...grew into the faith....never had much of a rebellion or "life on the other side"....definetly questioned my faith (poor Keith) but never really lost it......but still am incredibly negative...My mother in law accepted Christ later in life....fully experienced life outside of Christ.....never wants to go back.....and has GREAT faith, not to mention....POSITIVITY!!! So granted I see myself as Naomi and my mom in law as Ruth (quite the opposite of the original story but still true)So I am wondering....are you born with the disposition to be negative (ie...have a hard time with faith) or positive (ie naturally led to "believe") or is it something that your parents help you see....or is it that you have to consciously make a decision to be one or the other every day.......In my case...I think it breaks down to decision which totally stinks.....(more negativity :) All those out there that positivity comes natural to are incredibly lucky! Praise the Lord you were made that way or your parents led you in that direction etc.....it's going to be a long struggle in my life to break the chains that I have built up in just 30 years. I am incredibly thankful that I have a loving family-in-law that seem to be blessed with this positive attitude and had I not married my wonderful husband I don't know where I would be...so everyone...please be patient with my negativness....I'm a work in progress :) :) :)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

We ALL are(a work in progress). And we love you during the process.

Sing with me:
"He's still working on me,
to make me what He want to be.
It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars,
the sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars.
How loving and gracious He must be.
He's still working on me."

Powered By Blogger