Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Definetly not Disappointing....

This week has turned out to be exactly the opposite of what I thought it would be. Let's just say Keith being in China is rough on me and I totally expected it to be tough until today but luckily relief came in the form of my husband on Sunday night...3 days early! We had gone to little Walter's b-day party in Maryland with my parents on Friday afternoon. We drove 4 hours on Friday and then stopped at a hotel where the kids got to swim and run around and eat pizza. It was a good time. Then, the next morning we attempted the 4 hour journey on to Fulton....however....we got stuck around Hagerstown in a really bad snow storm...there were people in the ditch all over the place and even the main highway 70 was not cleared! Scary stuff.....it normally takes an hour or hour and a half to get to Fulton from Hagerstown....it took us 3 hours.....we were suppose to get to Drew and Melinda's at 130 we got there around 430....crazy....needless to say when we got to the house the kids were READY to get out of the car and so were we. We had a great time at the party though....it was really neat. There was a Korean Pastor who prayed and gave a message and lead hymns all in Korean....Ella was a little freaked out (most of the people there were Korean or could understand Korean) anyway with all the different language she was quite uncomfortable and clung to me most of the evening but it was a really neat ceremony. Then, my brother, Melinda and Walter dressed up in authentic Korean dress and took pictures. After that they laid a whole bunch of bible verses on the table rolled up as scrolls and the one Walter chose first was dubbed his "verse for life". Then they put a whole bunch of different items on the table (not sure of all their meaning) and he chose his "destiny" ...not sure if I'm correct about that...all I know is he chose the ball. After that, they took some family shots and then we had a Korean feast....for all of you who know I LOVE different foods...I was in heaven..... They had korean beef, kimchi, kimchi salad, another noodle salad, egg/crab cake things , shrimp, veggies and rice desserts. Most of it was Amazing and I have to have my sister in law teach me how to make it! Yum Yum Yum. My littlest brother came from Maryland on the other side...after we were done eating....he was suppose to be there on time...however the regular 3 hour trip took him and Jenelle 7 hours!! CRAZY!! Anyway they ended up spending the night so the house (though large) was packed. I slept with the girls and Gideon camped out on a sleeping bag on the floor. It was a good time. Sunday we packed up and left for home. The kids were amazing on the trip. The plan was to meet Nancy at the house with Max when we got home...so when we pulled in the drive and put up the garage door and someone walked out with Max I at first thought it was Nancy....but then as the garage door came up....it was Keith standing there....I was in total shock....I didn't recognize him at first and then I just started bawling...he had a rose in his hand and I just kept saying..."What is going on....what in the world". He wasn't suppose to get home until today at 300 in the afternoon. Him and Doug just got done with everything in record speed and decided to surprise their families...and I LOVED IT!!! So needless to say I've been kinda ridin high since that...God is so good.
Monday at Lucy's speech eval we got some awesome news. She has issues articulating which we knew and that may be contributed to either numbness or lack of muscular strength in the mouth but we were not sure about her processing skills. They did an eval on her and she scored AWESOME!! We were so excited. Her processing skills were at a 5 1/2 year olds level!!!!!! Finally Lucy is ahead of the game on something......I haven't been this happy about Lucy's prognosis in a long time!!!!! So we have a smart little girl....the therapist said it could be just the day but that she didn't think there was anything wrong with Lucy's brain....just her ability to articulate.!! Great news....
The good week continued last night with the premier of my obsession LOST!!!! Woo Hoo! In the first 15 minutes I thought.....great....this is going to be so stupid and cheesy....but it just kept getting better and better and now......I am fully engulfed in the lives of Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sun and the rest of my family (hahahahahah) I am so pathetic....but.....it will sadly all be over in a matter of months....what will I do on Tuesday nights then??? Probably watch Flashforward :O)!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Love to you all!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger