Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Big Laughes...Big Tears...

This last week sped on by......last Tuesday was just the beginning of the hectic week but definetly the worst of the days. It seemed like at the end of every day I was running until it was time for bed and then it seemed I couldn't get enough sleep to make me not tired the next day. Pathetically one of the highlights of my week had to do with my washer. The repair man came on Wednesday and let me tell you all it was not good news.....the washers transmission was bad....and just like a car.....that means $$$$$$$$$!! Anyway....my repair man is so nice...he told me to call the Maytag number and really sing them the blues....he told me exactly how to say what was wrong and what I should mention....he stated that there was no reason why a washer that's only 2 years old should have to have a new transmission and that Maytag should be a responsible party and pay for the parts to fix it or pay for a new washer. So.....I hiked up my pants and put on my game face....yah...ok....so I'm not so good at confrontation or "demanding" from a company who's wronged me....I tend to feel guilty and cave really easily....(case in point--the magazine salesman who called me 3 years ago....I'm still recieving really stupid magazines....at least for free....but I don't even read them they are so unapplicable to my life) so I wasn't sure I could do this....but....by the end of the conversation I found myself cool, confident and convincing.....and.....SURPRISE....they are paying the bill for the parts....YAHHH!! All I have to do is pay labor so instead of being a $500 dollar bill....it's going to be more around $75-$100!! So yes....my life is pathetic but it was a highlight for me!
On Friday, the family and I went to a farwell party for Kent and Ang who left for Albania yesterday. It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. Ang is my sister and it was hard for me to not only see her go but to know what awaits her and what she will be going through and growing through the next 3 years and not be close enough to give her hugs when she needs it and literally be there with her! I didn't choke until the end but I left the house (after giving her like 5 hugs) in one of those try to compose yourself...quick inhaling....sniff sniff.....teary moments...Love ya Ang...even when you're miles away!!!
Saturday....we began to tackle the backyard...tree disaster....they just cut down the trees leaving us with the clean up of branches and stuff....so Keith's mom and dad came over with the truck and Jim and I worked out back for an hour while Keith took Gideon to swim class and then after lunch the men folk tackled the job and got it almost all down....one more load and it should be good...then we need it to freeze again....yes I did say that.....me who wanted warm weather so bad only a week ago....the ground has to be frozed to take the stumps out and to move the little barn back into that corner so....come on freeze.....so we can finish the job! While the guys worked the kids and I went to the new church and played on blow up rides and in their indoor playground. The church is really nice and the kids had a blast....well Gideon that is....Lucy was waaaaayyyy overwhelmed and wouldn't leave Gramma and my side.
Sunday was nothing but rest and relaxation....despite one attempt by Keith to get the last load on the trailer.....in which....he got stuck in the front yard and just about couldn't get out....and decided the ground was just too thawed to back the trailer into the backyard...... did I say it's 58 degrees here today.....Very warm for February!
So that's the week and weekend! Tomorrow Keith begins travel season again...he'll be gone every week until mid-March now....trips to Arkansas, Minnesota....China and Chicago are in the works......that means single parenthood for me...which really stinks. At least we'll be busy with the preschoolers and swim and dance classes....
Tootle Loo!! (I've been watching Andy Griffith reruns with the kids for 1/2 hour before bed....can ya tell)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger