Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Alone....at last....for now at least

Ok....so have any of you guys had one of those mornings that you just can't hardly wait for rest/quiet time for the kids? Today was totally one of those days! Gideon and Lucy were wrestling and fighting all morning (while Lucy was here) and Ella screamed all morning. I called Keith is San Fran at around 7:30 (his time) and left a tearful message for him. I don't know what was in the air but extreme emotion was the theme of the morning for everyone (including me). Luckily now....Lucy is at school, Gideon in his room and Ella sleeping. Once Lucy left for preschool it got significantly better but I dread her return, since she's normally cranky anyway then. ...it may be a long night. Anyway....enough negativity.....last week was a great week and I am happy to report that not only did Keith make it home from Las Vegas all in one piece but we had a very quiet relaxing weekend. On Friday Keith and I even got a date night! Get this, we called ahead to a place called Blue Water Grill (seafood) and the only available time slot for reservations was 5....so we frantically called my mom to babysit and Keith got off early and we high-tailed it to the city :) to make our reservation time....on the way we realized we were going to be at least 15 minutes late so we called the restaurant again to see if they could "keep" our table for us and they said we could.....out of breath :) we arrived at the restaurant...only to find out that we were early enough we really didn't even need a reservation....they were seating people upon entery!! Hahaha....we had to laugh at our franticness!! Anyway we enjoyed a good meal...we got fried calamari that was just about the best I've ever tasted and had really good bread and salad before our meals came.....Keith's was awesome....he got Sea Bass and it was absolutely delicious! Mine....well ....lets just say that I need to read the menu a little better.....I ordered what I thought was tuna steak.....with rice and vegetables...what I didn't read right was that it was only pan-seared....meaning it was absolutely raw....in fact....quite cold (like ice) in the middle.....now I am all for exotic food and I really even like some sushi...but this was a little to much for me even...I was polite and ate some...but I won't order it again! Anyway, it was a really relaxing evening with just the two of us....man do we need to do that more often!!! Saterday was my grandparents 55 anniversary...so we all went out to a restaurant for lunch. It's so awesome to see my grandparents so happy after all these years. The reality of thier relationship has been such a blessing and a testiment for me. They have grown togethor through tough times and through good times and their love has not only remained but has grown stronger! I am thankful for their example of perserverance, respect and love...and I enjoyed celebrating that with them on Sat!
Sunday we just relaxed all day..as the kids and I did yesterday as well while Keith flew off yet again to San Fran. We had a little Presidents day lesson...Gideon colored a picture of George Washington and Lucy Abraham Lincoln...Gideon was funny...he said...."Lucy...I am coloring George Washington....he was president when I was a baby"....:) time is so hard for a 5 year old to understand!! :)
Well anyway I hope you all are doing well....we are headed out this weekend to see our new baby nephew/cousin and to have my baby brother and his wife take some family/Ella's 1 year pictures in MD! May you all be blessed this week with the peace and love of the Savior!! Love to all!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger