Thursday, April 15, 2010

the replacements...

Have you ever had one of those weeks when you wish you had a second string to come rescue you and give you a break as a mother??? I am having one of those weeks this week. My kids have been antsy, cranky and full of mischief....and I have been busy ....the combo of which is not very good. It just seems as though everyone has been in major need...so of course...mommy's emotional survival needs are the last to be met :) Plus....in my venting...I have been told that the mischief of my kids is my own fault...that's always good for the self esteem........Keith leaves for NC for 3 days on Sat morning so the outlook seems a bit cloudy...but luckily my beautiful cousin Grace also comes from PA on Sat to spend 2 weeks with me so she will definetly lift my spirits and help me cope with single motherhood.
We are also needing to replace the avenger....the lovely car that was purchased just weeks before Keith and I began to date...in 1997......has lost it's transmission....Keith has been driving it back and forth to work in 2nd gear at 35 miles per hour for about 2 weeks now....we are looking for a replacement but for some reason everyone in this area doesn't want to sell :):) or sell in our price range that is....we are also looking at replacing the van in the next year...because it's going to need to go....or it's going to cost us an arm and a leg to fix it.....trade it while it will still be worth something :) Anyway...I told Keith to ask for a two for one deal......do you think anyone will go for it????
It is absolutely beautful out today at 82 degrees and sunny.......so my spirits are having reason to be lifted.....hopefully they'll stay high as we enter into the weekend :) :) :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger