Tuesday, December 16, 2008

8 days til Christmas Eve...

Can you guys believe it! Christmas is not very far away! I have a lot of wrapping to do! This weekend is the Myers Family (immediate) Christmas so I gotta get moving! Well...the kids are all resting right now and the house is quiet...a perfect time to write!
I am so glad that last week is over! It was incredibly filled up with business of schedule! I like to have things to do but now and then I need a day to just stay home and catch up! Hopefully tomorrow and Thursday will be those days this week!
As you guys can see from the video on the last post Lucy did great at her "performance" on Friday night! We were so pleased! We shelled out 100 bucks for 30 seconds of it but it was worth it to see Lucy smile and feel like a princess! She's still talking about it and insisted upon wearing her outfit all day Sat as well!
Friday night we ate supper with Keith's boss and co-workers...it was good food and good conversation. Not quite as fun as years past (there has been some department rearranging) but still it was a good time and a break from the kids!
Sat we worked around the house and Keith worked from home on some stuff for his upcoming trip to Arkansas(tomorrow and Thursday). Then we headed over to Grammy's to see Kelli and the kids (Keith's cousin) and Aunt Jean and Uncle Doug. It's always great to spend time with them all and this time was fun as always...plus I got an awesome candied nut recipe thanks to Aunt Jean that I plan on using at Christmas YUMMY!! (Thanks Jean)
Sunday night we got to go meet Chad's girlfriend at a Christmas worship/concert up town. It was great and I really liked Greta (Chad--she's a keeper)! Although it was hard to hear I also got to catch up with Todd and Steph who we haven't seen forever so it was a fun-no kid evening!
We just got back today from Lucy's paper signing and seeing her classroom. We decided to go ahead and have her go to Preschool 2 days a week starting Jan 6. She'll be bused to the school around 11 in the morning and then bused home around 230 on Tues and Fri. She'll get occupational/speech/physical therapy while she's there so I am excited to see her progress. I am a bit nervous about her already being in school and being so young but I'm sure she'll be fine. She's going to have more of a kindergarten experience than her brother even because her preschool is in an actual school where she will interact with the other grades at times. SCARY!! I haven't told Gid that...and I don't think I'm going to ...he's so excited about going to kindergarten I don't want him to know about all Lucy will get to do! He did get to meet his principal though! The principal of your school district elementary comes to these meetings for the developmentally delayed kids and he was there so Gideon met him and liked him a lot!
Anyway....I have laundry buzzing so I gotta go! Hope everyone is healthy and happy and not too stressed out about Christmas! Love to all!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger