Monday, May 12, 2008

A Great Day

Well yesterday was a great Mother's Day...my husband suprised me with cards from the kids entitled "I love Mommy Because...." They were great! The kids also gave me 2 king sized Milky Way Candy Bars...Yum Yum and daddy bought me a massage at Kneading Soles (the massage therapy clinic in Archbold), then they took me out to Panera Bread and Coldstone for lunch! Even though the weather was crummy in the morning we had a great time. The kids were on their best behavior. We got a Grilled Cheese/ Go-Gurt meal for them to share but they didn't eat much of that....they ate a lot of daddy's wild rice vegetable soup, a sourdough roll and half of our greek salad...next time we'll just get one more "You Pick Two" for them to share! We ended the day with the sun barely shining on a bike ride after daddy fixed up the bikes! Mom and Dad came over for a spontaneous supper and then we all sat on the couch togethor and told stories (daddy fell asleep) It was a great day and I felt royally blessed to have 2 unique and amazing mothers and to be blessed myself with 3 awesome kids! I praise God for his blessings of allowing me to be a mother even though I am not the best by far and not worthy of such an awesome gift!
The rest of the week was really good too. We went to Big Nani and Big Papa's on Wednesday and had a great time. The kids absolutely love spending time with my grandma and grandpa as do I! They played with Scout,raced cars on the kitchen floor and swang on the porch swing with Big Papa. We of course had to visit the barn (Gideon Loves the Barn) and we picked some asparagus with Big Nani! It was a great day!
On Friday night we went to my mom and dad's for a great supper. Mom's been making dandelion green salads this spring a lot. I know it sounds weird....it's actually really good! Tastes just like arugala or wild spring mix greens you get at the grocery plus...it's really cheap!!
Saturday we spent most of the day trying to put up our porch swing to no avail. We struggled to find studs and then when we found them and went to put the swing up.....the chains were too small!! Frustrating! So...hopefully tonight we can get it up today after Keith purchases some new hooks!
We went for supper at Keith's mom's on Sat night...Pizza! Yum Yum...Then we all went down to the park to play while the men fished....Gideon however wanted to fish with Keith and his dad so Grammy and Lucy and Ella and I went to beach park to swing and slide. Well... the big news of the weekend was that Gideon caught his first 2 fish all by himself...he casted, caught and reeled all by himself and brought in one croppy and one bluegill ! I was so proud of him. Daddy didn't catch anything but said that it was a ton of fun anyway just seeing Gideon's face and excitement! Keith's dad ended up catching some more and fileting them later. It was great! I was so proud of him!! He's ready for vacation up north this summer now!
Hope everyone is doing well!! Love to all!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger